Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Crazy Day

Today was a long crazy day. I got up around 9:30 as Mikey did not go to summer school today cause he got hit with the ball at last nights game so he did not want to go work out on his foot this morning. When I got up I called my bestest friend Mandy to see if she wanted to have lunch today and she did. So the kids and I started cleaning house then got ready to go. I took Andy to moms, Aaron and lil Benja to Tia Rita's and was on my way to meet with Mandy and her daughter for lunch. I made a New Year's resolution this year to meet with at least on friend a month and to do something special every month with one of my boys. So far so good. Mandy is so sweet to me. I met her through my bestest friend who passed away over 3 years ago. We like to go have lunch at the restaurants that Christie used to like to eat at. We miss her so much. She was truely a angel sent to touch lives. I feel so blessed to have got to be part of her life even though it was only for a short time. I miss her so much everyday. Anyway as to why Mandy is so special. She adopted her daughter a year ago and if I could have her as my second mother I would. She is the best mother any one could ever have. Her husband Cody is the best dad. Lil Brooklyn sure had god watching over her when he picked her parents. She was in the process of adopting fromt he Ukrain when a co-worker approached her of a family member being pregnant in the LA area. Mandy jumped on the whole idea and got to be part of the whole pregnancy. The adoption has been very open. The birth mother comes over and spends time with the baby every once and while and so far everything is working out great. Please keep Mandy in your prayers as she is trying to get pregnant. She deserves all the kids in the world as she is a great mom. After lunch I went to Target to get a few things then to work. Work at the end of the day was crazy. There was a shopper who did not want to leave. Well come to find out she had stuffed a plastic bag full of merchandise (over $350 dollars worth) under a clothing fixture. I found it and at the same time she was walking to the register to pay for a outfit she wanted. I took the bag up front and dumped it right in front of her on the counter and asked her she wanted to pay for that merchandise also. She then got all offended and said she could not believe I was accusing her of stealing and walked out of the store empty handed. Crazy!!! Then after work I went to moms as brother Pete finally made it to visit. Had a good visit and am now at home. Well it is late and better get to bed.

3 comments:

Trina G. said...

It's so nice to hear whats going on with you. My prayers are with Mandy and her family and of course with you and yours.
Yes, I think my toe looks pretty sexy!!
Miss you all,T

Cameo said...

So glad you got to see Pete!!! That psycho woman needs to be shot! Kidding, strangled is more like it!! haha.... miss you! Oh, and I finally got Mady to add me to her myspace. That girl....

Soltana said...

Keeping my fingers crossed that they get prego.... Such a great story!!!

Love the baseball pics too!!!